Friday, December 9, 2011

Eternal Embrace



When I was 3 and Papa arrived home from work, I'd run to him he'd lift me up & I would give him a welcome hug as he gave me my favorite Hershey or Kitkat bar.
When I was 9 and tripped and fell down, he'd lift me up and tend to my scraped knee and embrace me. Countless times in my teens and adult life he was my coach, counselor and friend...always there guiding, loving and helping...and always calling out "Chemari ko".
Before he was 83 with a disabling muscular dystrophy and I was 43 or so, I'd lift him up as he was too weak to lift himself. As our arms were interlocked, we would joke and do the waltz.
Now that he's gone, I can only think of fond memories of him lifting and embracing me in early childhood and I lifting and embracing him in his old age.
Such is the cycle of life. One day, he will once again lift me up, give me a warm welcoming embrace and a big smile and I would likely do the same..
..this time in Our Father's eternal home. This I look forward to. Happy Birthday .. Papa ko!
May you all feel his warm embrace today...Papa ko's and Papa Dios'

No comments:

Post a Comment